Friday, April 15, 2011

Multi-sensory illusion for pain

I spoke to this a bit yesterday, in  Movement illusions and pain. Today I saw a tweet by one of my all-time favorite bloggers, Mo Costandi, of this piece by Candida McCabe, When illusion becomes reality.

She refers to this letter by Catherine Preston and Roger Newport, Analgesic effects of multisensory illusions in osteoarthritis, which sits lonely behind the paywall, alas, but has this extract available for public consumption. I looked it up and really, most of it is covered by McCabe's commentary, apart from a few photos, but the two linked videos in my earlier post are better anyway, so it's all OK.

I really like how this is all still coming together.

The reference list under McCabe's comment is really worth the bother of opening the link to her comment, quite apart from the fact that her comment is delicious in and of itself.

No comments: