Friday, May 22, 2009

Sold

It's all over. Almost. Will be, once all the subject-to's are gone, by May 29th. Then I will be officially in transition, not just preparing to be in transition.

I'm pretty satisfied with the sale. I got nearly as much as I was asking, and the buyers were people who knew what they liked and moved decisively, didn't burn a lot of fuel dithering around wasting everybody's time and patience. They came/ they saw/they bought, all in the space of a single day.

Hurray.

It looks like I'll be able to go where photons shine all year round, about mid-July. If I'm careful with money, I'll be able to afford a longed-for, self-assembled "sabbatical," during which I can rest one part of my brain (the treating part, which is so automatic it will never forget how) while I work on developing the conceptualizing, writing part. I plan to write furiously while I have the opportunity. Maybe less blogging, more actual book-writing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! I actually stop visiting your blog for a season because the suspense was killing me (remember I am certified OCD). I hope all goes smooth with the transition.

I loved the post about your elderly patients. My wife's parents live in an assisted care facility near us. For a long time I could barely stand to be in the dining room because all the pain, disability, and sadness really gave me the willies. In recent months Barbara and I have led some hymn sings and my main job is to help people to their chairs, greet, hold a hand, lend an ear. Now I too see them as heroic. Good thing I am adjusting my attitude. I will be 60 next year :-)

Diane Jacobs said...

I found the suspense difficult too, I can assure you.