Saturday, December 29, 2007

Surfacing from SAD

I think I'm back up from the depths of my own brain now.

I'm still in metaphoric deep water; haven't quite gotten myself hauled up onto the metaphoric dock yet, but my emotional nose is at least above the waves, and it feels like oxygen is available/abundant and that I can breath in an ordinary way again. I feel like me again. Hurray for the light box. I look forward to the post-season burst of physical energy I enjoyed last year. It could hit any day now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very glad to hear that you are surfacing. I love my family, but when everyone converges during the holidays, I find myself craving the sort of solitude you afforded yourself during your retreat. I guess life is full of trade offs. On Jan. 6 Barbara and I fly to Norway to help our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson prepare to move to Tanzania. Norway will be very dark indeed. Even a couple of weeks after the solstice. Enjoy the good feelings when they arrive. One of the few good things about depression is how good it feels when it stops :-)