Tuesday, December 25, 2007

SAD progress report

I'm muddling along pretty good here in the quiet, the dark. I'm reading "Kent's Life" today, enjoying it a lot. Someone my age. The gender and culture and trajectory and outcome are somewhat different, but he's from the same continent and has been alive as long as I have. Kent wrote to me about knee pain awhile ago, let me know he reads this blog. He left a comment on the last blogpost and some others.

By reading about the trajectory through which his life has hurtled itself, and with which he has grappled/is grappling, he no longer seems a complete stranger. I'm up to somewhere in Sept. '06, and just found this quote:
"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. You've got to kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight." --Bruce Cockburn
Yup. That quote is just about perfect for this retreat of mine. Maybe for this age of ours. Thanks Bruce. Thanks Kent.

No comments: